We at EIM, like so many others, are adapting to life with COVID-19 and incorporating any necessary precautions into our conferences. As the recommended guidelines are continually updated, we will remain nimble and responsive in our approach to keeping our attendees, faculty, sponsors, and any travel companions safe.
The state of Hawaii has implemented a pre-travel COVID-19 testing program which will allow people with an approved negative test result to avoid quarantine upon arrival. In depth information, the necessary steps and FAQs can be found on the Hawaii Department of Health website: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/#travel-FAQs. In addition, here’s a helpful flow chart they’ve put together for reference: Hawaii Travel Flow Chart
Here is an overview of what to expect:
Hawaii’s pre-travel testing program requires passengers five and older to take a Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) from a Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) certified laboratory within 72 hours from the final leg of departure and produce a negative result in order to avoid the state’s 14-day mandatory quarantine. A trained professional must observe all tests. Only test results from trusted testing partners approved by the Hawaii Department of Health will be accepted.
As of now, you’ll see the following procedures implemented at our upcoming conferences:
- Classroom style seating in the lecture hall will be arranged with the appropriate social distance as directed by the CDC
- As weather allows, all ballroom doors and eight foot outer walls will be open to allow for greater circulation
- All lecture attendees will be required to wear a mask. For your convenience, surgical masks will be provided by EIM.
- Anyone entering the lecture area will be required to have their temperature taken. Any person with an elevated temperature will not be allowed to enter and EIM will work with these individuals to ensure they have access to immediate medical care, as well as to all lecture materials so they can still receive CME credit.
- Registration is in an open-air area and will be revised to incorporate safety precautions, social distancing and to eliminate the use of shared materials.
- The hotel has updated their food and beverage distribution policies in accordance with CDC guidelines. We will work with them to ensure applicable social distancing measures are in place for all EIM provided food and beverages.
One thing that will remain the same is the quality of our content and the commitment we have to deliver an exceptional conference. If that means getting creative in our execution, we are up to the challenge!